Monday, May 19, 2008

Who Knew?


Just a little something to let you know there is something new under the sun! Either that or I am dumber than the average bear!
**************************************************
Who knew? Can't believe I never saw this before......... Well, I'm not telling everyone my age, as most of you already know...BUT...
I had to go into the kitchen and check this out for myself. Who ever looks at the end of your aluminum foil box? What a fantastic idea. Now, if someone would just make plastic wrap that didn't stick to itself. I've been using aluminum foil for more years than I care to remember. Great stuff, but sometimes it can be a pain. You know, like when you are in the middle of doing something and you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.
Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday, I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, "Press here to lock end". Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up. I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this.

I IMMEDIATELY WENT AND PUSHED IN ALL MY TABS...
HA! SURE DOES MAKE YOU FEEL STUPID DOESN'T IT...?

12 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well my word!!! thanks!

smiles, bee
xoxoxxoxoxoxoxo

momofalltrades said...

Great Tip!

molly said...

I just went to the kitchen and checked...Yup! Now I feel really dumb! But even though we're old we can still learn---s..l..o..w..l..y!

Big Dave T said...

Yeah I knew that. Well, actually I didn't. That reminds me of this Ellen episode (Ellen DeGeneres) where she pointed out that there's an arrow next to the gas gauge on a car's instrument panel which indicates which side the gas cap is on. I don't know how many times before that I pulled up on the wrong side of the gas pump.

EE said...

I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing!

Carine-what's cooking? said...

Wow, this is news to me-I'm glad you brought this up! I have a cooking column on a woman's website-think I'll point this out!

Me said...

oh Kacey! thanks for the very new info!! i will make sure to push the tab!!! never knew that, i will have to tell everyone i know now about this new discovery!!

B.S. said...

OK, this is related to something that happened to me just today. I am scared of the boxes that these things (aluminum foil, Saran Wrap, etc.) come in. Why? Because I cut the bejesus out of my finger last year on an Saran Wrap edge- you know, the sharp serrated edge. Thought I was going to lose that finger.

So today I had to get some aluminum foil to wrap The Child's leftover pizza in. I wanted to take the roll of foil out of the box so that the box wouldn't hurt me. Seriously.

By golly, there was NO WAY to get that roll out!!! It's that blasted LOCK that you're talking about! Somehow, that lock had engaged itself, and there was NO getting it unlocked!! Not for heck or high water!!!

I threw the entire roll- box, lock and all, in the trash along with the pizza. I'm learning to choose my battles.

Hugs,
Betty

Cheating Death said...

That's friggin awesome. I love it. God I wish I had known this like 3423423 years ago...

Granny Annie said...

I only learned this a few days ago on another blog. When I called my daughter, she said she had known it for years. So much for sharing good news. After reading your blog and learning lots of other people didn't know, I called my sister and she didn't have a clue either. Just shows we need to share tidbits like this. Thanks! (Poor Betty....thanks for sharing your frustrating adventure. I'm afraid I laughed. Forgive me.)

Anonymous said...

This is exactly the kind of surprise that keeps me surfing the blogs!! I never knew about the lock tab. Thanks for the info.

Dust-bunny said...

I had gotten an email about this...and I was shocked as well! And yes, I definitely felt, well, stupid. That's for sure.

Hope all is well with you! I'm trying to get back into the swing of things...I missed my blog and my friends!