Friday, August 7, 2009

Shovel Ready?

I have spent the summer in a blue funk... watching T.V. and watching Congress pass legislation without reading the bills or knowing what a mess the outcome would be. I feel so helpless and unimportant. They are on vacation now, so the danger of America circling the drain is avoided for another month. I found this quote today....


"If you can't convince them, confuse them."
- President Harry S. Truman

Looks like old Harry knew the score way back then!
I don't know about you...but, I AM NOT SHOVEL READY, YET!

5 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

We are like minded my dear.....

Full-On-Forward said...

Has Congress "always" been this way, or has the media coverage ie. (NON_STOP 24/7) just make it seem how stupid we can be?

J

Schmoop said...

John is correct...Democracy is sloppy. Congress has always been this way. Only through technology do we get to see it in action. Cheers!!

B.S. said...

I hadn't heard that Truman quote before. Hah!

I'm sorry to read that you've been in a funk. So many people are politically upset these days......

Hugs,

Betty

Sarge Charlie said...

Holy crap, I came to your blog to say I agree with Matt Man. He is correct, the difference is that now with 24/7 news on Fox a movement has started to change the way it has always been.

Actully I stopped in to tell you I saw "Song of the South" in the Fox Theater in Atlanta, late 1946. I was 9 years old.