Sunday, January 27, 2008

Duh!


So, we're in Florida with nothing much to do, except watch Tiger Woods blow all the other golfers off the course in the Buick Open. Which means, if golf is on T.V., then my better half is going to sit in his recliner and watch golf. ( Really, I love Tiger, but I can do more than one thing at a time) At least I thought it was possible to do a couple of things at once, until Friday night. I wanted something good --- you know like, uh, chocolate. There is always a big plastic bowl of chocolate frosting in the fridge, because I make it five pounds at a time for moments just like this. I whipped out a couple of boxes of Brownie Mix , chopped up some walnuts and set the frosting out on the counter to warm up. I had to move the upper shelf of the oven from the top position, where I had used it last to broil something. I really had to hustle back to the living room to see what was happening on the TV, so I didn't notice that the shelf was sitting on two different rack positions. We wound up with a huge pan of brownies that were about one half inch on one end and about three inches of raw brownie goo on the other end. We have each had two brownies from the end that actually baked and I had to pitch the rest. Baking and golf are not to be taken lightly or together. DUH!